Thursday, September 20, 2007

Then She Kicked Me

Picture Day at the Hemmersmeier Household, September 2007

To the tune of "Then He Kissed Me" by The Crystals (You can click here to get the tune going in your head):

Crystals - Then He...


Now, replace first round of lyrics with these:

Well she woke up this morning
And I told her that she needed to dress
Photos would be taken
And I didn’t want my daughter a mess
When she rose her smile was tight
And then I dared turn on the light
She rushed me with all her might
And then she kicked me...

I promise - she's still alive and well. Looking back on it, it was actually quite comical. Sleepy, hair askew, mad as h*ll, tripping over herself to get to me in her frustration. I don't think she really even made contact.

Not even 15 minutes later, she was dressed beautifully (on her own) and ready for breakfast and then school.

Remarkable
:-)


2 comments:

Jason D said...

That is too funny! Can I hire you to score my life to music? =)

Liz said...

Daloo....you need a blog!!!

I miss you guys!!! Come visit me!!!

Susan...you are so very funny!!!

I drank almost a bottle of wine...am I doing it right?