Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Pretty Princess

Cousin Gwen came and went. Safely, I might add. I don't think she ended up with any permanent damage from her visit with us.

While she was here, we were able to get some quality girl time in. Gwen, Maria and I played the Pretty Princess game. Maria won. (Gwen really won but we kept playing.) This time we didn't even have tears over the dreaded BLACK RING. (No one wants the black ring... you can't win if you have it. Plus, it's ugly). When Maria had possession of TBR, she hid it behind her back so she didn't have to look at it.

Pictured here as a Pretty Princess, Maria doesn't look like the type to walk (bawling) off the soccer field during her first practice...

I don't think they were halfway through their 30 minute practice when Maria came toward me, crying her eyes out, fat tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Dad (the coach) hurt my feelings!" Maria claimed between jagged breaths.
"How?" I inquired.
"He let someone else use my pink soccer ball!!!"

Ummmm... when is the season over?

No comments: