Friday, August 10, 2007

Kindergarten - HERE I COME!


well, today was it. the BIG DAY. kindergarten. was jack excited? let me put it this way. he was up and in my room before 6 a.m. "hurry up, let's get ready to go!" he says. ugh. by the time i got out of the shower, jack's at my bathroom door completely dressed, head to foot, new shoes (TIED!!!) and even the belt.

how proud i was that he did everything - all by himself! how frustrated i was that he did everything - all by himself! i mean, if he can do it all himself, speedy-fast, what is all the delay about on a daily basis?!? check back with me in a week or two. i have a feeling things aren't going to continue in this manner. one can only hope, though, right?

so we get to school - ALL of us, of course - and jack is already making a beeline for his friends and waving me off. what? he's acting as if he doesn't need me to walk him into his classroom. huh. sniffling moms and kids all around. us? not a tear. well, except for sam, but that doesn't count because it's from the eye drops i put in this morning.

with jack settled in, the rest of us loaded back into the van and headed home. we parked in the garage and before the key was even out of the ignition maria asked, "mom, when will jack be home?" i KNEW she'd miss him!!! (the other day i asked her if she'd miss jack while he was at school all day and she said, "no. i like luke better. i like sam better, too." whatever.) i was surprised that she misses him already...)

well... that's it. he's there and we're here at home. waiting it out.

i'm sure glad today's a half-day.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Woo hoo! Go Jack! Hope you had a great day and hope mama didn't pout too much when she had to leave you. My friend's hubby was trying to drag me out yesterday while Braden was busy not even caring I was there!

Liz said...

What a big day for Jack! And you! It is weird, because I have no sad feelings leaving them at preschool, but when I think about Kindergarten I get sad! :)

Hope you had a fun morning!