Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A Day

This morning was my morning off. Alexandra (The Best Babysitter In The World) came over extra early so I could attend the all-school mass at Jack's school. (By the way, I've never felt so tall in all my life! When we all stood during the procession, I felt like a giant among all those kids! Very weird.)

If you're all waiting to hear how horrible it went (based, of course, on previous Hemmersmeier mass experiences), I'm here to disappoint. The children were EXCELLENT! Never have I attended so quiet a mass. There was no chattering, screaming, giggling, banging of kneelers, etc. I couldn't get over it. (Thank God I didn't have Maria, Luke and Sam with me!!!) Jack was great and only occasionally glanced back to give me a big grin. It was really wonderful. I was so proud!

After attending mass, I headed out to run some errands and picked up some goodies for Maria. I found some tiny bottles of glittery nail polish and little-bitty lip glosses. Oh, and some colorful headbands. We're growing out her bangs to see how that looks and I thought the headbands would help keep the hair out of her eyes. So, upon my return and Alexandra's release, I put The Little Boys down for their naps and Maria and I had some girly time. We donned headbands and flavored lip gloss. We were FANCY.

The unfortunate side effect of all this girly stuff was Maria's sudden (never before exhibited) desire to share with her brothers...

No comments: