Saturday, October 13, 2007

Well...

I know you are all just dying to know how Friday at the Y went. You’ve probably all been checking my blog every few minutes for an update. Right? Right?

Sorry to keep you all in suspense!

You can congratulate Luke next time you talk to him - he was a GOOD BOY!!! (Or, maybe you should congratulate me for coming up with a scheme that worked.)

Before heading out to the Y, I took Luke’s blankie from him. (Blankies are the be-all, end-all around here. They’re worth much more than candy, ice cream or even a trip to Grandma’s. Seriously.) I put the blankie high up on our baker’s rack and showed it to him. Then I looked at him eye-to-eye. I told him that if he was good at the Y, he’d get the blankie back when we got home. But if he was BAD at the Y he wouldn’t get his blankie back until BEDTIME.

“I’m going to be a good boy ALL DAY,” he announced. When we arrived at the Y, we went over things again. However, there was a little blip on the screen this time.

Mom: You’re going to be good, right?

Luke: Yes! All day!

Mom: You’re not going to be mean to anyone, right?

Luke: No. I won’t hit anyone or poke anyone.

Mom: Great. What are you going to do if someone hits you?

Luke: Hit him with a rock.

Mom: *Deep breath* Noooo, you tell the teacher. Okay?

Luke: Okay.

Mom: Okay?

Luke: Okay.

I don’t know if they put him in isolation or what, but when I picked him up Luke announced that he was a good boy, as did entire the childcare crew.

Whew!

Oh, and we went for cookies again and everyone got one. This time Sam got an oatmeal raisin cookie and managed - just barely - to finish it before conking out. :-)

No comments: