Monday, October 15, 2007

Did you know...

...that "gonga" means "chimney" in Spanish? (Neither do any Spanish speakers.)

This afternoon while were were playing outside, Luke kept saying something that I just could not understand. So, I asked Maria what he was saying.

"He's saying gonga!"

"Gonga?" I asked. "What does that mean?"

"It means... chimney in Spanish," she says. ?!?!

A few minutes later, it dawned on me that Luke was saying "gone." "Gone, gone, gone," he said when he finished his popsicle. "Gone." "Gonga." Whatever.

Bubbles...that bubble bath is not to be used in a jacuzzi tub? I did, which is why I'd never do it.

However, I discovered today that just a tiny bit of baby wash on a pouf shouldn't be used either!

It's been several hours. There are still bubbles in the bottom of my tub.

... That Jack can climb a tree? A really Tree climbingtall tree? A really tall, flimsy tree? I mean, do you see how skinny those branches are and how high up he is?

I'm definitely seeing the ER in my future (especially since my first instinct is to run for the camera rather than spot him as he climbs down.)

...that it is absolutely hilarious when a 15-month-old pulls his sister's hair? (To the 15-month-old, anyway.) And, when she escapes - after being scalped repeatedly - it's almost as fun to crawl over and try (hard) to pull your brother's ear off?

Really, that's what Jack and Maria get for being sooooooooo completely absorbed in a TV show.

...that I really wish you people would leave me a comment or two? I mean, it's nice to hear you say you like my blog and it's nice to get the occasional email. But, I'd really like you to post it here so the whole world can read it! (Not that I'm looking for an ego stroke or anything.)

1 comment:

Heather said...

I like your blog, and I'm posting it here for all to read. My son Jack is a tree climber, too. It scares me to death.